Monday, May 17, 2010

....one fine night.....





One night………

Night comes and goes every…….night…..
The twinkling stars …..the cool breeze…..
The moon in a different shape each night…..
Neon’s glowing…liquor flowing….parties throwing….
People dancing and dining….singing and driving ….
I was travelling one night……….
On my bike without a light………
It was dark ….beyond compare…..
With the wind blowing through my hair…..
I was speeding across highways …and roads went by….
I was on the road and moving across…….
As one city after another passed by…..
I stopped by to look at the stars….
And leaned down on my bike ….staring above….
Contemplating over things like friendships and love…..

I took out some coffee and cookies I had brought….
I had my own world under the moon……
Mom , I am coming home soon……I thought…..
I sat on my bike and moved ahead…..
Thinking of the journey that lay ahead…..
I saw the sky had a brighter tinge…..
Dawn is not far ,,, I said to myself…..
The air was fresh…..and fragrant…..
And the sun would soon be there to welcome me…..
I am a new kid on the block …. I said to myself……
I have bigger destinations to reach…………
I have passes to pass and bridges to cross as I took a turn…..
I saw milkmen and cows and …..also birds flying across……
The sky turned brighter now ….and up was coming the sun there for me….
My heart was happy to see the sun rise……..
It was a beautiful spectacle…..a treat for the eyes…..
I turned on the accelerator….and off I went ……
I am going far away from home……
I am going up the hills…….
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Gagan , Hyderabad , 0444 hrs , Sunday April 11, 2010


2 comments: